Speaker(s): Conrad Ginther, Geosyntec Consultants, Principal Engineer; Andrew Higgins, Geosyntec Consultants, Senior Data Manager; Jamey Rosen, Geosyntec Consultants, Senior Principal Data Manager
PDH's: This webinar is eligible for 2 PDH credits.
We live in an information age. A huge variety of digital tools and methods are in use to assure quality in dam construction. These tools can be leveraged to verify compliance with specifications, excavation limits, production rates, construction limits, structure size, geotechnical instrumentation trends, and generate as-built records much more efficiently than manually compiled and analyzed data. This webinar will look at the use of digital tools in managing the enormous amount of data generated by a project. As a result, construction quality and compliance with design intent can be ascertained in real time and inform decisions that must be made in a timely manner to minimize delays and project impacts. Tools for automated record keeping and as-built drawings will be explained along with data management both during the project and at construction’s end.
1. Identify digital tools and approaches available to assist with dam construction.
2. Understand how to manage incoming data during construction.
3. Understand how to leverage available data during construction to evaluate elements of work outside of specifications.
4. Review reporting, records, and final data storage.
5. Review case histories that demonstrate leverage of data management tools.