The Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO), in conjunction with the GA Department of Natural Resources, Safe Dams Program, invites you to participate in a one-day Dam Safety Workshop for Owners and Operators. The workshop will be offered on July 18.
The workshop is designed to provide practical, straightforward information on topics of importance to anyone that owns or operates a dam. The purpose of this one-day workshop is to educate dam owners and operators about the following topics:
• State dam safety laws and regulations
• Extreme storm events and potential dam failure conditions
• Owner responsibilities, liabilities, and security issues
• Dam operations, maintenance, and inspections
• Developing and implementing emergency action plans
• Procedures for retaining a professional engineer to inspect, investigate, and evaluate dams.
ASDSO is a national, non-profit professional association of engineers and others who own, regulate, or work on dams.
For more information about ASDSO, refer to its Web site at www.damsafety.org or call (859) 550-2788.
The workshop will be held at the EPD Training Center, 4244 International Parkway, Suite 116, Atlanta, Georgia 30354 and will begin at 8:30 a.m. and will end by 4:30 p.m. Lunch and refreshment breaks are included in the registration fee. Information will be available throughout the day and you will have the opportunity to meet and network with your state dam safety officials, well-known experts in the field of dam safety, and other dam owners like yourself. You will also receive a CD containing the Dam Owner and Operator Safety Workshop Participant Manual, a valuable source of information resource.